Friday, November 6, 2009

It's your clock...not mine

I would like to begin with the idea that this blog has not been prompted by any individual person.

I understand that we live in a me world. Everyone things they are important which is part of the reason why we see people walking around constantly on the phone. However the thing that I've come to realize is that we don't respect other people's clocks.

I recall one day sitting, talking to my grandfather and he was telling me about a woman who expressed that it was "imperative" that he get back to her. He voiced his annoyance to me. It may be important to her but it might not be all that important to me (I didn't quote that because he used language not appropriate for use in my blog). I often return to that thought.

Just recently I have had my own trials with life. Some obstacles to overcome but the world doesn't seem to care about those. Frankly, I don't ask the world to care, just respect that maybe they rank higher on my priority list than does your bullshit. Just because you send me a text doesn't mean I have to respond right away. Especially if in the grand scheme of things, it's not that damn important. It ranks high as hell on your clock but not on mine. If it did, then I would have responded sooner. The thing we must know is that just because they don't handle it the way you want them to doesn't mean they won't get to it. It means they will when they have time...when the other stuff sifts out and they get to where your thing ranks.

I mean shit, I was on a bicycle and got hit by a damn car not even a month ago, do you really think your shit is more important to me than that? N to the izzo.

Funny thing about the bike story is that I actually had people get mad at me for missing meetings when it happened. Damnit I missed school, do you really thing I'm not going to miss your meeting? How about I run your ass over and tell me if you respond to every outlook invitation you get? Like grandpa says, "common sense is not common" or as I like to say "I'm trying to apply logic to an illogical situation".

I had someone tell me that I could have responded to their text by telling them I'm busy. Do I need to respond to that? Just read that and tell me if that makes sense. That's like getting mad at someone who went to the ER for standing you up.

If you send a text and the person doesn't respond, you wait. Eventually they'll get back to you. That doesn't mean you keep texting. That doesn't mean you begin emailing. That doesn't mean you call. That means you wait and keep going with your life. I have a life, part of it includes you and part of it doesn't. Just because you only care about the part that includes you doesn't mean the rest doesn't exist. It means you STFU and get on with your life. I'm not holding you up. I'll be damned if I let you hold me up.

Like I said, you don't have to make someone else's clock your clock, but you should respect the fact that theirs is completely different from yours. In the words of the one hit wonder Rocko "You just do you, Imma do me".

The fact that I had to actually write this blog should be filed in the category of absolutely ri-god-damn-diculous shit that should instead be obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment