Monday, August 3, 2009

Is he or isn't he: The blog Terry McMillan should have read. Then she wouldn't be so damn angry.

I made reference in a previous blog to people mistaking personal grooming for homosexuality. So, in the spirit of completion I will also provide you with better ways to tell if your significant other is gay.

There are various signs that people use. These are just a few that have come to be true in my travels. I've found out some people were gay after the fact and I've never been surprised. In fact two of my college classmates were on the down low before it was even a popular expression and I called that too. My gaydar is uber sensitive, so take this as gospel.

The first sign may seem to be the simplest but most women seem to miss this one. It's flat out the way they carry themselves. If dude seems to always be very sensitive, and very good at relating to women, the probability is that he's suspect. Seriously, I don't go making friends with women so I can have a shopping buddy. The only way I want to go shopping with you, is if I can get lap dances while you try stuff on. Other than that, buy it, wear it and I'll tell you I like it. It really is that simple. I'm not trying to talk to women about my women problems. The only way I want to hear about your man problems, is if I'm trying to hit that. Then I'm going to tell you how grimy your man is, so that eventually you'll leave and you can cry on my shoulder...during breaks.

If your man regularly uses a blender to make his drinks, need I say more? The blender comes out for one reason, chicks. No guy is going to use a blender for his own personal drink. No guy chillin with his boys is going to ask for a daiquiri. In fact, men will actually take into consideration what color the drink is. Aside from Latin men who seem to really like to drink sex on the beach. When I was a bartender at a Latin club, I swear I would just look at people sideways for that. I think it's a lame drink for a woman to drink, let alone a man. "Yes, I'd like to order the fisher price, my first alcoholic beverage." If one of my friends orders a blender drink and he isn't on a cruise ship or an island, oh you better bet he won't hear the end of it. Islands and cruises are the exception. No Martha's Vineyard, doesn't count as an Island.

This one isn't so much for women as it is for guys trying to find out if their homeboy is suspect. If every time you go out, dude requires you to cosign on every female he talks to, there should be questions. Either he's the most insecure mf in the world or he's suspect. This is his way of saying "Hey friend, look at the hot chick next to me. I'm not gay. If I were gay would I be molesting this woman and pretending to enjoy it oh so much". I know guys who make it a point to take pictures with millions of women just for the world to see.

Speaking of pictures, I would like to add another. This one isn't mine but that of someone who is an expert on gay boyfriends. If your man has what you would considering many albums on facebook or myspace that should be telling you something. Guys will generally have one album, maybe 3 if they want to break them up into "friends, family, bullshit" or something like that. When dude has 17 albums, that's telling you something. Guys don't even like looking at your damn photo albums. Yes we let you take them out and show us. If you were able to get in our head, the answer would be "Hell no, I don't want to see what you looked like in second grade". If we don't want to look at photo albums, do you think we want to sit there sifting through our pictures. Shit, I have pictures on my computer that occasionally surprise me. "When the hell did I take that picture?" "That's not my shirt." "How did that goat get there?" All things that you may have said while looking through your computer.

Listen, I see nothing wrong with homosexuality. In fact I wish more men would come out. This way I have fewer men going after woman. I get to stand out more. On the other hand, if you are gay then be gay. Damn, I have to be black and everybody knows it. If you're black and gay, well nobody is going to hate you more for being gay than being black so screw it. I mean shit I've met gay bigots. That's some shit. Anyways. I recently met a young man who was so thrilled to be out. He brought it up in random conversation. I said "Can you pass the bread please?" he said "I mean it felt so good when I came out". Imagine, if you allowed yourself to feel that bliss.

These are not the only signs but a few to watch for. For those who wonder if there is a gay NBA player...just watch Antoine Walker run and then you tell me.

1 comment:

  1. Damn man but I love stawberry daquiris and photo albums!!!

    - An

    ReplyDelete