Friday, June 5, 2009

Black people can't have anything

So, I've been struggling to come up with a topic. Just when I'm close to giving up hope I settle in check my email and remembered a couple videos that were sent to me. One video that was sent many of you may have seen. It's a video that consists of several Japanese adolescents dancing to dancehall in a fashion similar to that of many youtube clips that has actual Jamaicans. I say Jamaicans because the rest of the West Indies has enough sense not to act up.

The next video I recall is of a Korean gospel choir. This choir can blow...damn. But I have no idea what they're saying. The video then has the nerve to mention that they're single in "African American" style.

Next is a video I mentioned in the last blog. Whooty!!! This is a song "Whooty, a white girl with a booty". Now we all remember Ludacris mentioning "New phenominon, like white women with ass", but a whole song dedicated to it...come on damnit! I mean the booty was exclusive to black women until people began to discover the latin and Brazilian community. However the idea of white women have a badunkadunk was outrageous. Now that's been jacked.

The last one is not a youtube video at all. Now despite the fact that black people take ownership of hip hop if you were to name the top 20 rappers of all time you would be hard pressed to deny Eminem's lyrical ability. He may not make the greatest tracks in the world but line for line, I'll put him against anybody in the game. He can spit, flat out. Now add to that equation the top 5 rappers of all time. Most sane people would put Nas in that list. Nas was kicked to the curb by the entire industry. The only person who would "put him on" was MC Serch. Yes, the same Serch who made "Gas Face" then later in life brought us The White Rapper Show, brought us one of the greatest MCs of all time.

Stolen culture, music, body and God and stole a whole country but we're the criminals depicted on the news. I want to see the forefathers on Cops. "Next on Americas most wanted, Christopher Columbus. He stole a country and got a bullshit holiday for it".

I'm black. I thank God every day for making me black. Everybody hates black people. A comedic skit mentioned that white people in Jersey and Boston call black people "Mondays"...why? Because nobody likes Mondays. At the same time this all shows that everybody wants to be black. White men want black women, white women want black men, suburban kids dress like they just finished watching 106 and Park, the jewfro and white dudes even love King Magazine. I even had a white person hand me a cup of red kool aid. What's next, jewish people with bad credit?

My grandfather always says, soon the whole country will be multi-racial, and we'll start to discriminate by shoe size. Imagine that, "Boy you can't come in here with them size 13. You best get to steppin". Yes, I'm black and proud. Aside from a history of anger, hatred, and oppression what will that get me?

PS if anybody responds to this with "Well you should be happy because you have a black president" I'll slap you. Oppression isn't dead it's just hiding behind a recession.

No comments:

Post a Comment