Tuesday, March 2, 2010

It's on you homey.

So this blog is long over due. I was just sitting here listening to a child tell me how everything is her mother's fault. Her father cheated on her mother because her mother was mean. Her mother broke up with a man who used her because her mother was mean. Her mother could have made her father stay with him. Her father is the victim and her mother is not.

I had someone check my email once and told me she was obviously warranted because of what she found. I laughed. No that doesn't justify it. You did it because you wanted to and you just happened to find something. Don't blame everybody for your mistakes.

I remember a family member getting upset because she wasn't getting phone calls from people. In such simple brilliance, he said "if you want to talk on the phone, you'll make a phone call". In my terms, that's "get over yourself and just call the person you want to talk to".

At what point do we start to look at ourselves instead of playing the victim card? At what point do we take responsibility for our own actions. Nobody can make you do anything that you don't want to do. You made choices and have to live with the consequences. I don't blame anybody else. Maybe something did happen to me that caused me to react differently but the reality is I am responsible for how I act.

As I mentioned in a previous blog when I started meeting stalker after stalker I realized I needed to figure out what I was doing. It just took me a while to figure it all out. However if I'm figuring out what I'm doing to meet them and they're blaming me for their behavior the only person who ever gets fixed is me.

Blame doesn't matter. If I am in a relationship and we break up, who cares who dumped who? Am I 12? The result is the same. It's over!!! You get into the "he/she dumped me" role because you want someone to feel badly for you.

I don't know how many times I've heard people say to me, "why don't you call me". Well did you call me? If you wanted to talk to me, are you so full of yourself that you can't dial a damn phone? Are you so self important that you just sit there waiting for people to ring your phone? Get over yourself. My grandfather has been in the hospital and his phone goes crazy while he's in there but he also makes the time to call people he wants to talk to. It's called personal responsibility.

If I allowed someone else to dictate what I do then I am so weak minded that someone else has mind control over me(insert Friday line here). The sad truth is that people have used this way of thinking to rationalize bigotry. "My grandfather dislikes Mexican people because one day my cousin was jumped by three Mexican guys". I've actually heard someone use that line. So if the people who jumped your cousin looked like you would he hate you? I doubt it.

Look people stop playing the damn victim card. You do the shit you do because you choose to do so. You don't do it because of any reason other than that. You can only control one person in your life and that's yourself. If you're an asshole, it's because of you. If you got dumped, it's because of you. If you

No comments:

Post a Comment